Monday 21 September 2015

Antigua part 2

A couple of years ago when I went to Venice I was training for the London Marathon. In order to get my runs in before it got crowded I would get up early and run. Not only did I get my training in but I saw the place in a totally different way, there were no tourists and I was able to see parts of the city that you wouldn't usually go to. This was something I loved. It got me thinking that I should do that more often, if people tell be they are going to Venice I always say make sure you have at least one day getting up early and looking around before the tourists get up or arrive.  I decided I would do the same today. 

As I hadn't been able to sleep and Dave was awake I thought it would be nice to have an early morning beach stroll. I was right, it was lovely 😄. The beach was empty, it wasn't too hot although the sun was shining and I was able to take some photos. The sea is so blue it looks like a swimming pool. We walked a fair way and then turned around to go back. By then it was getting warmer and the intensity of the sun had risen. Dave searched out the shade while I strolled along having the odd paddle. We returned to the hotel in time for an early breakfast which we thought was deserved after our walk.





After breakfast we headed down the beech again to see if we could book done diving. There are two dive shops here however for one reason or another they are running on limited staff so getting a dive in was not certain. All being well we shall be diving on Wednesday.

The rest of the day was really a swim in the sea and pool and of course sun bathing,  Even I had to give in as the sun was so hot. The room has air conditioning so to the room we went. I knew I was tired, two hours later I woke up next to Dave snoring :-). 

Such a beautiful place doesn't come without it's bugs that like to bite. We have been using high strength deet insect repellent but you can feel and smell the toxins.  You can't help but breath it in when you put it on. In addition to this we spray the room to reduce the pests. It is effective but not sure it's good  for the lungs. We decided to reduce the use a bit so popped up the road to get some citronella oil. Apparently the local bugs aren't that keen on it so tonight we tried that mixed in to some moisturiser. So far I think I've been ok but Dave has had to deet spray as he was getting bitten!! It seems to be the trend here to have bites on the bottom of your legs, not a trend we want to follow 😄.


Our walk to dinner 😄.



No comments:

Post a Comment