Friday 6 September 2013

Last day in Swanage.

This morning we left Swanage! I have to say we have had a fantastic holiday.
Yesterday we returned to Kimmeridge Bay and had a lovely day. It was another day of glorious sunshine. We put on our snorkelling kit and went of for a swim. We tried to swim together with Kea in tow but after a few yards she decided she didn't like it and wanted to go back to shore. I think she was also a bit spooked by the bangs from the firing ranges. They have a snorkelling trail at the bay which I followed, it was pretty and I saw a few fish. The only one I could name was a pollock. It was low tide so probably wasn't at its best and wasn't quite the same doing it on my own. Once I got back Dave went for his turn while I stayed with Kea while she amused herself collecting rocks from the beach!! Once Dave returned we had a look under the shelf, in a very lazy manner.....I just layer on the rock with my head under water. I did manage to see a prawn. We sat chatting for a while with a lady while her son borrowed my snorkelling bit and had a swim around. He seemed to thoroughly enjoy himself which was lovely to see! It turns out him mum was a writer and has written a book One Apple Tasted, some simple detective work led us to find it her name is Josa Young. It is not a name we know but may be one you avid readers out there may know!

Our day continued by sitting up on the cliff having lunch and reading....bliss, followed by a walk around the bay. The topography was varied and absolutely amazing. I then bored Dave for a time while I took photos of sea life in rock pools. I will hopefully add these on here once I have a chance to see them on a bigger screen.

For our final evening in Swanage we had a wander to the pier and had a fish and chip supper on the seafront.

This morning we left at 08.45 and headed for Essex. We dropped Kea off in Felstead with two of her favourite people (Grandpa and Grandma) and then headed back to Swindon (arriving at 6pm) ready for or our 26 mile trek from Stonehenge to Avebury tomorrow. We are walking in aid of the Alzheimer's Society. My Grandad suffered from dementia before he died so this is very close to my heart. It is a cruel debilitating disease taking away a person's personality. If you would like to sponsor Dave and I, you can do so by visiting our justgiving page at www.justgiving.com/ColetteandDave all donations are greatly received and will help with the ongoing battle. Thank you. I am hoping to take a photo at each mile and will post these tomorrow :-).

No comments:

Post a Comment